Monday, March 17, 2008

One Question?


Just one question?



How can I let you go?
That is the question, I suppose?
Excuse me
Will anyone in this room please let me know?
Years have passed since we first met.
I must ask.
Did we have fun?
Yeah, I bet.
You showed me how to dream, how to believe.
Those were the lessons I learned and now I preach.
Rather then dwell on the past,
I’m learning to look to the future.
That’s a fact.
But still, I can’t help but think of what could have been?
That is why I look up at the world with a sad grin.
Just one of the many difficulties to get over
Every now and then, I find myself looking over my shoulder
Wishing you was still in my corner.
Your support will be missed,
Especially how passionate we used to kiss!
Missing your hands on my back
Then realizing, the love that we had,
Slipped right through the crack!
Come to think of it,
Ending it might have been for the best.
While writing this for me
Is a way to heal, that I much I will confess.
But when writing won’t even help this tortured soul,
I’ll just turn my back on the world,
Excuse me while I pack another bowl.
Even in a cloudy haze
Memories of you seem to peek through.
Just wish that I could easily
Get over you.
So, now back to my question,
How do you let someone go?
Will someone in this room…………
Please…….let me know.



Copyright © 2007. James Velez

No comments: