Monday, January 5, 2009

"Long Lost Weekend" Review


Right after I broke my wrist, I received a package in the mail. I was wondering who would send me a package. I quickly opened the package and was floored immediately. “He was true to his word” was all I kept saying to myself. “Joey Salvia” had sent me his newest CD.

For those of you that do not know who “Joey Salvia” is I advise you to find out. I had promised him a review on his album, and here I am, and I will give you a little bit of info on him as well.

Enjoy

Born and raised in Brooklyn, “Joey Salvia” is one of the co-stars on “The Michael Kay Show”, an enormously popular drive-time sports talk show heard weekdays from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on ESPN Radio at 1050 AM. “Joey” is the heart and soul on that show, true to “Michal Kay’s” introduction of him on the show.

The CD's 11 songs touch on a variety of topics they range from trying to survive in an increasingly expensive “New York City”, going through a painful divorce, and finding new love. On the track titled “Derek Jeter”, he lets you know what every single male that watches baseball thinks. "If I could be one person, I'd be Yankee Number Two. With four rings on my fingers and thousand dollar shoes," well said Mr Salvia.

The musical influences on "Long Lost Weekend" include the Beatles, Bob Dylan, with a taste of that New York edge.

This is one album to be enjoyed on a nice calm day at home pondering over life. This album lets us all know that we are not alone.

No comments: