Saturday, January 10, 2009

Walk Hard


“Walk hard
Hard
Down life's
Rocky road”

Word up, “Walk Hard!”

I have been addicted to “Walk Hard the Dewey Cox Story” recently. I mean bad. This movie is hilarious.

I have to admit that the first time I saw the movie I thought it was ok, a tad bit funny but that is it, nothing special. I gave it a second chance and I am so glad that I did.

This movie kicks major ars. There are so many lil jokes that can be easily missed, that each time I watch it I notice something new each time.

I even went out of my way to get the soundtrack. The music seriously rocks. Listen to the lyrics they are hilarious. These people managed to make damn good songs with humor in em. Seriously, these songs kick ass no doubt.

This movie is well casted in my opinion. From his parents, brother, band, wives, and kids, this movie rocks! You will watch it more then once, and laugh your ass off each time.

I even watched the credits just to listen to the songs and I came across a song not in the movie, “Hey have you heard the news Dewey Cox died”. That song is mad funny. People you have got to give this movie a chance. It kicks ass!

In addition, the last song in the movie, which is his “Masterpiece”, truly is his masterpiece. Here is the bridge leading into the chorus

“And then in the end

It’s family and friends

Loving yourself

But not only yourself

It’s about the good walk

And the hard walk

And the young girls you’ve made cry

It’s about make a little music everyday till you di-ie
Beautiful ride”

Tell me that doesn’t kick ass?
I personally give this movie 5 out of 5 stars. I do have to admit, it isn’t for everyone, but for those that do like it, love it. Walk hard!

1 comment:

David said...

This movie was one of the worst I've ever seen! I heard it was bad, but Jimmy said I had to watch it and he played one of the tunes for me, so I gave it a shot. It sucked! The only redeeming quality was that the music was halfway decent. I was extremely disappointed and I decided that if you're going to watch a movie for the soundtrack, buy the soundtrack and skip this awful movie.