Monday, June 16, 2008

Not Happening

“The Happening” did not happen at all. This was a horrible, I mean horrible movie. This movie tells you the ending in the first ten minutes. This movie was so hyped, that I knew it would either be really good, or just plain awful. And I was correct, it was just plain awful.

This movie makes me wonder if anybody reads scripts anymore. This movie had a good cast, which leaves me to believe that they did not read the script. Because had they read the script before agreeing to do it, I bet, they would not have acted in this crap.

M. Knight Shyamalan has lost me as a fan. I have tried to give this man a chance, but with this movie, he has lost me. I will never pay for any of his movies again. This man has not made a decent movie since “The Sixth Sense”. However, Hollywood refusing to infuse new blood keeps giving this man money to make garbage films. Films with so much potential as seen in the trailers but is nothing more then a waste of time

“Mark Wahlberg” whom I consider to be a decent actor, really flopped on this one. He played such a horrible leading man. From the get go I wanted to walk out, after hearing his little whishy washy voice. It was as if his character was written to annoy the audience. And boy, did it annoy me.

“Zooey Deschanel” played her usual spaced out self, nothing to brag about or to put on her resume. This movie had nothing, and I mean nothing special. It was just a total let down from beginning to end. And Hollywood wonders why “Bootleg Movies” sell. It is simple. Make a movie worth paying $12.00 for, and watch people shell out money for it.

On a scale of 1-10, I give this movie a two. People save your money and do not waste your time, remember, you wont get your two hours of lost life back, so do not waste it on this movie.

Till next time.

No comments: