Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A moment in the snow


It’s quite. For about two seconds, it is quite. Then bam
Do do ba boom, da boom da boom,
Do do ba boom, da boom da boom,
“Just a castaway, an island lost at sea, ohanother lonely day, with no one here but me, ohMore loneliness than any man could bearRescue me before I fall into despair, oh
I'll send an S.O.S. to the worldI'll send an S.O.S. to the worldI hope that someone gets myI hope that someone gets myI hope that someone gets my Message in a bottle,Message in a bottle,”
As “john Mayer” and my voice permeate through the air, I ask myself. Is it me, or does the world seem quieter when it’s snowing?

It just seems like all of my senses are heightened when it is snowing. The world is quite, and I can hear everything distinctly and there is nothing like getting off work, getting in your car and have a good song come on.

“John Mayer” does this cover of the “police’s message in a bottle” that is incredible. As the song begins, my smile grows. Then the words come on. Nothing beats the original, but his version is incredible and just takes the song in a whole other direction.

“I'll send an S.O.S. to the world
“I'll send an S.O.S. to the world”

So bluesy with a hint of jazz in it, it is incredible. And it dawns on me. Life really is not that bad. Its moments like this we live for. It may not be “the most incredible” moment in life or anything amazing, but it is enjoyable, and it should be appreciated for what it is. A moment.

No comments: