Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Review of "After Dachau" by "Daniel Quinn"


Daniel Quinn let me down. Well not totally let me down, but I am a bit disappointed. I just finished reading “After Dachau”. A book that I was so excited to read, I could hardly contain myself.

This book started a little weak but then in a matter of two to three pages it just blew my mind. As to how great of a writer he is, where he can sum things up so well, and give you a full look into things with just a few words. This book became good very quick, only to disappoint me in the end.

I am literally left with my mouth open wondering, “Was all this built up for that?” I still have to go over it with my pal “Melissa” just to get another point of view on it and hopefully see it a bit differently. She is an “English major” so maybe I will think differently after I go over it with her, but until then I will remain disappointed.

Now I do not want to discourage you people from going out and buying this book. Remember we all have our own opinions, but I will recommend that you pick up his other books before reading this one. This man is one of my favorite authors and everything that I have read so far from him I love and recommend to you all.
All but this one.

Till next time….

No comments: